Would you know who to call or where to refer a client, patient, friend, or family member with a mental health or substance use need in Central Louisiana?
There are many resources available in Central Louisiana and CLHSD wants you, the community, to learn more about them. Central Louisiana Human Services District (CLHSD) is pulling together resources and calling on the community to join them on Friday April 21 from 9am-2pm at 5411 Coliseum Blvd. in Alexandria.
They need your help to reach as many people in our community as possible.
Numerous service agencies will be on hand to provide information on how they can assist in the work that is being done.
At this event they will have:
· Vendors- Over 15 tables of resources from throughout Cenla including
· Nonprofit services, mental and physical health providers, insurance, education, disability, and domestic abuse services
· Narcan – Overdose reversal medication available free of charge
· Medication Disposal- Bring your unused or unwanted medications to be destroyed on site or learn about safe medication disposal and storage at home
· COVID-19 and Flu Vaccines available on site
CLHSD is a state agency that provides mental health, substance use, and developmental disabilities services in 8 parishes in Cenla.
They also partner with other state and private agencies to make sure our clients can get all of their needs met.